NEW 2020 VERSION
Forged bee & reinforced structure
Chateau Laguiole was the first Laguiole corkscrew to be created, dated back 1992, by French Master Sommelier Guy Vialis. The first “sommelier knife” to have adopted and adapted the ancestral handcrafting traditions and symbols of the Laguiole master cutlers, including the famous bee and the art of polishing fine handles made of precious woods and horns. In addition, Chateau Laguiole provides a much appreciated after sales service and a lifetime warranty.
Classic Series: The Classics has been designed to emphasize the handle material. With minimalist straight cut bolsters at each ending of the handle, the warmth of the wood or the glossy touch of the horn makes them a discreet and true master piece of art-craft for wine enthusiasts.
Handle model: This specific model's handle is made of East Indian Rosewood (Dalbergia latifolia) in great and magnificent contrast with its shiny bolsters at the top and the ending. This beautiful wood is commonly used to make small precious object as well as fine furniture and musical instruments. It may have kept its specific sweet smell, rose-like scent, which appears when being worked and is more or less persistent.
Brand: CHATEAU LAGUIOLE, made in France
We recommend: Never wash the handle with water. Water will damage the precious woods and horn. To give back its shine or clear fingerprints, we highly recommend to use a microfiber fabric.
Personalization: Accesswine.hk provides an additional laser engraving service of a short text of your choice. On Classic Series, engravings can be only made on the lever (LEVER option). Read more detail in our Q & A.
Warranty: Chateau Laguiole offers a lifetime warranty. Accesswine.hk, official Chateau Laguiole dealer, will assist you in the process. Read more in our Q & A.
New 2020 model changes: in 2020, after almost 30 years of fame among sommeliers and wine enthusiasts, Chateau Laguiole revamps its mythic corkscrews for the better: a much-reinforced structure, a few visual differences worth noting and a new nice-looking gift box.
- Forged bee: the chiseled spring (central structure with decoration on the top) and the bee are now forged in 1 piece. As surprising as it sounds, the bee of Chateau Laguiole previous version was welded. Beside of a clean and clear aesthetic effect, it solves rare issues of the bee being broken after accidental fall of the corkscrew (fixed free under warrant).
The 2 plates just under the handle material are now thicker to seriously reduce the risk of dismantling the screw after years of use and hundreds of bottles opening (fixed free under warranty).
Stronger spring: at the bottom of the handle, the spring now slightly emerges to offer an additional protection to the handle from the screw when folding it.
- Thinner logo: visually, Chateau LAGUIOLE logo is now slightly thinner. It brings an additional touch of elegance.
- New bolsters: the Classics series corkscrews have new plain bolsters for a sleeker touch and an easy way to recognize immediately the new models vs old and stopped models.
- New gift box: the new genuine leather pouch of the Grand Cru & Classics series is as well better finished in our opinion.
- Stainless steel corkscrew + shiny bolsters + purple rosewood handle + dented blade (foil cutter)
- Black genuine leather pouch
- Gift box + Warranty member card