NEW 2020 VERSION
Forged bee & reinforced structure
Chateau Laguiole was the first Laguiole corkscrew to be created, dated back 1992, by French Master Sommelier Guy Vialis. The first “sommelier knife” to have adopted and adapted the ancestral handcrafting traditions and symbols of the Laguiole master cutlers, including the famous bee and the art of polishing fine handles made of precious woods and horns. In addition, Chateau Laguiole provides a much appreciated after sales service and a lifetime warranty.
Special Edition: Vintage Wine Key is a special edition of Chateau Laguiole built with the smartly engineered Wine Key and a handle made of oak wood (Quercus Petraea) reclaimed from used French wine barrels. The outside part of the handle is the inside part of the barrel wood, the side in contact with wine. As a result, the handle has the color and odor of one aged French red wine. The metal parts are brushed to be in harmony with the beauty of this wood.
What is the Wine Key?
The Wine Key is the association of specific metal alloys which will increase the wine oxidation through a simple contact with the liquid.
It enables you to instantly reveal the qualities of a wine. It works effectively on all types of wine: white, sparkling, rosé, red and naturally sweet wines. With a simple dip of wine key in your wine, it allows you to instantly tune the wine to your taste. Its unique process will reveal within seconds the qualities in the wine. You will also be able to easily determine the aging potential of your favorite wines. The sommelier corkscrew model follows you everywhere, to restaurants or wineries while you opening your wine .
With the Wine key , you can:
1. Adjust the balance of a wine to your personal taste, and enjoy it straight away.
- Pour a glass of wine, taste it and memorize your sensations.
- Dip the wine key dot in the wine for a second and then taste again.
- Continue the process until the wine corresponds to your taste and its qualities are revealed. Everyone can obtain a taste close to their personal preference.
- The effects of the wine key differ according to the wine.
2. Accurately gauge how your wines will develop so that you can manage your wine cellar efficiently.
- Dip the dot on wine key into the wine.
- Every second the dot is in contact with the wine is the equivalent of one year's ageing.
- Each successive dipping of the wine key should be added to the previous one (1 second + 1 second equals to 2 seconds' contact, which equals two years' ageing).
- As the wine retains its quality, or improves after repeated contact with the dot (or one single contact lasting a few seconds), that is an indication it can be laid down.
- If the wine loses its qualities after a few seconds' contact, it has no keeping potential. It must be drunk in a short time.
Brand: CHATEAU LAGUIOLE, made in France
We recommend: Never wash the handle with water. Water will damage the precious woods and horn. To give back its shine or clear fingerprints, we highly recommend to use a microfiber fabric.
Personalization: Accesswine.hk provides an additional laser engraving service of a short text of your choice. On the Wine Key model, engravings can be made on the lever (LEVER option), or on the side (BOLSTER Option). Read more detail in our Q & A.
Warranty: Chateau Laguiole offers a lifetime warranty. Accesswine.hk, official Chateau Laguiole dealer, will assist you in the process. Read more in our Q & A.
New 2020 model changes: in 2020, after almost 30 years of fame among sommeliers and wine enthusiasts, Chateau Laguiole revamps its mythic corkscrews for the better: a much-reinforced structure, a few visual differences worth noting and a new nice-looking gift box.
- Forged bee: the chiseled spring (central structure with decoration on the top) and the bee are now forged in 1 piece. As surprising as it sounds, the bee of Chateau Laguiole previous version was welded. Beside of a clean and clear aesthetic effect, it solves rare issues of the bee being broken after accidental fall of the corkscrew (fixed free under warrant).
The 2 plates just under the handle material are now thicker to seriously reduce the risk of dismantling the screw after years of use and hundreds of bottles opening (fixed free under warranty).
Stronger spring: at the bottom of the handle, the spring now slightly emerges to offer an additional protection to the handle from the screw when folding it.
- Thinner logo: visually, Chateau LAGUIOLE logo is now slightly thinner. It brings an additional touch of elegance.
- New gift box: the new genuine leather pouch of the Grand Cru & Classics series is as well better finished in our opinion.
- Stainless steel corkscrew + matte bolsters + wine key - oak wood handle + dented blade (foil cutter)
- Black genuine leather pouch
- Gift box + Warranty member card